Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Saving on Your Gas Budget
There are ways to get better gas mileage from your car. Here are a few of them:
1. Change the air filter. This could save up to 10% on gas.
2. Having your tires aligned properly could save up to 10%.
3. Getting a regular tune-up could save as much as 4%.
4. Make sure your tires are inflated properly. We over inflate ours a bit for best gas mileage.
5. Make sure your gas cap is in good working order.
6. Driving 5 miles an hour more slowly can save 7%.
7. Drive more smoothly without stopping and starting quickly.
8. Don't ride the brakes.
9. Don't sit with the car idling.
10. Reduce the weight in your vehicle.
With winter coming upon us, here are a few tip for saving on gas in the winter months:
Getting these things done now, while the weather is warm, will save you money and keep you from having to do it when it's cold!