Friday, August 10, 2018

Redone Living Room for $426!!

I was so tired of my old dated living room. I wanted to update everything into a more contemporary look. This old couch I purchased in like new condition about 8 or 9 years ago used for $100.00. I have cleaned it a number of times but the stains were no longer coming out as well and I was just tired of the floral/cranberry. 

 I looked for months for the right living room set. I wanted a used set, brown, comfortable, smoke free, like new, preferably with recliners on at least the couch and a set that was reasonably good quality and fairly priced for used furniture. I went to a new furniture store to look around and was shocked at the thin fabric on the couches and knew I wanted something that was better quality than that and I sure wasn't willing to pay new prices for that thin fabric! 

 This glider was on the other side of the room. It is the most comfortable chair you could ever hope for. I got it for $5.00 or $10.00 at a garage sale, but it too needed to go. I am giving it away (already claimed!) where it's comfortable seat will still be put to good use!

When I saw this set on the Marketplace on Facebook, we had a family reunion that day and I almost didn't call on it but ended up calling anyway. The lady said it was spoken for, if the woman could find a trailer. I said "I have a trailer hooked up and ready to go right now!" And so she said first come, first served! Here is the couch!


Isn't it beautiful? I got the set for $325.00 The couch has recliners! (The love seat doesn't.)  I knew the colors I wanted for the pillows and accents. The rocking chair I got at a garage sale a few years ago for $10.00. The window mirror I got at a garage sale this year for $5.00. Also the antlers for $3.00 and the square aqua design for $2.00. I found some aqua pillows at Goodwill for $3.99 each and had a hunch that they had more at Wal-Mart and I was right! I got matching pillows for the love seat for full price at Wal-mart, about $15.00. Lastly, I splurged on the rug to bring it all together. I paid $70.00 for it at Wal Mart. 

Here is a better view with the couch and love seat. So, I re-did the whole living room for about $426.00 and a fair amount of patience. I am so please with how it looks! 



4 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! I'm SO excited for you!!!! Being patient definitely pays off big time! I just love the way you got it all put together, it looks amazing, and the rug definitely pulls all the colors together beautifully! You are amazing, and definitely the Queen of bargains!!! Enjoy your new living room :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb job as usual, Lynne! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete