Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Pennies, Pennies Everywhere! Use it Up, Wear it Out, Make it Do, or Do Without

There used to be an old saying "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!" that our grandparents lived by. In our age of abundance, we have sometimes gotten away from that and sometimes it's good just to have a reminder of what we already know. 

I just used the last bit of toothpaste that I could squeeze out of the tube but I knew there was more still! I took a pair of scissors and cut off the end.

   
    
I can usually get about three more teeth brushings out of a tube by doing this. 


Another way to use things up is to never throw away soap slivers. You can take the old sliver, which is usually too small to hold and press it into the new bar and by using water as cement, voila! it's easy to use up all of the soap from the sliver. 

There are pennies everywhere and when we remember to do what we can to keep them in our pockets, we can save a little every day. 

~Happy Savings!

2 comments:

  1. I've never thought of opening the toothpaste tube, great hint... love that penny hiding spot! And I do love to use the slivers of soap up too, just like this. It is amazing how much we can save by just using up what we already have. I've always loved the saying that necessity is the mother of invention :) Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do that with my toothpaste! It is amazing how much is left in there when you can't squeeze out another speck!

    ReplyDelete