Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How to Stretch a Chicken: 5-6 Meals Out of One Chicken for 3-4 people.





Here are 5-6 meals out of one chicken for 3-4 people. 

Day 1: Meal 1: Roast Chicken. Yum Yum! This is so easy to make with a couple of baked potatoes and side veg. I usually make extra potatoes for leftovers.


 Day 2: Meal 2 Leftover Roast Chicken and Potatoes. Heat and eat.


Day 2 or 3: Meal 3 Chicken sandwiches for lunch or dinner! Add whatever you want, lettuce, mayo, cheese etc.


Day 3 or 4: Meals 4 and 5 I will often make chicken burritos but today I made chicken noodle soup with all the meat left on the carcass.

Everything that didn't go into the soup went into the pot. I will boil this on low for about 4 hours and make bone broth. I will strain out all the bones and skin etc. I usually just drink the bone broth, it is so good for you! (Can be used for a meal 6.)

None of this chicken goes to waste! There should be enough soup left for tomorrow night as well. The bone broth can be frozen into cubes for later soup if desired.

Last but not least, scraps for the cats.


1 comment:

  1. Our family's favorite way to maximize one meal to its fullest! It is so cold here today I may just put on a roast chicken to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete