Monday, July 13, 2015

Berry Dessert for .17 a Serving!


Yes, this scrumptious berry dessert is only .17 a serving here in my household! It's berry season where I live. I went out and picked these lovely black caps yesterday so the berries were absolutely free (except for my time). I got about 2 pints. It makes me feel good to know that these were not planted nor cultivated nor transported so there were no fossil fuels used in the making of these berries!

 Then I found a nice deal on some loaf cake a while back and put it in the freezer. I got this out to use with the berries. It was marked down twice (original price was $3.48). I paid $1.36.


If I had bought 2 pints of these berries at perhaps $4.99/pint (I think they are usually packaged in 6 oz containers for about $2.99 or $3.99 so this is a guess) that would be $9.98 for the berries and then $3.48 for the cake for a total of $13.46 which comes to $1.68/serving. That's a a difference of $12.20 or $1.51/serving saved! It took me about an hour to pick the berries so I made $12.20/hr for my time (and in finding the cake on sale).

Happy Savings!

1 comment:

  1. Got any left? I'd love a bite, or two! LOL ... your berry cake looks delicious, and even more sweet, are your savings! :)

    ReplyDelete