Saturday, July 18, 2015

How a Near $1000.00 Vacation Package for up to 12 People Cost Us Less Than $500.00


Okay, I am not going to try and convince you this was an inexpensive vacation. For true frugality, a tent and hot dogs are frugal. However, this was a really great vacation for up to 12 people for a really great price! We just got back from Jellystone/Warrens Lodging where we spent 2 nights. http://www.jellystonewarrens.com/ This is a really fun family vacation site and the accommodations are very, very nice!



 The cabin is for up to 10 adults and 2 children. There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a loft with four single beds, washer/dryer, full kitchen. It is just like home!
 This full package with the cabin for 2 nights, a great waterpark with mini-golf, slide, lazy river, pool, pond etc, and a golf cart for riding around in costs $856.00 (plus the food which is why I said about $1000.00). There is a website for deals in this area called http://www.dailydealstwincities.com/ This site had a deal where this package was offered for half price! So the package cost $428.00. Since the cabin has full facilities, we did all the cooking in. I brought pizzas, burritos, cereal, anything that was easy and my Mom brought some sloppy joe fixin's. Aside from the exhaustion of packing and funning myself to death, it is a relaxing, great time!
Since this deal is for up to 12 people, the more people you bring, the less it costs per person. Frankly, I would never pay full price for this. It can even be hard for me to choke up $428.00 plus food but it is worth it! To find deals like this in your area, usually radio stations and newspapers are the place to look. If I were in an area where I didn't know how to find the deals, I would start with a web search for radio and newspapers. And I would keep my eye out on a regular basis. Basically, I let the deals pick my vacations for me. I do not try and pick the vacation first as that is a way to not get a deal. Also, deals like this are usually during slow times so you have to go on slow dates BUT you also usually have a much less populated resort and don't have to wait in line as long.

Happy savings!

1 comment:

  1. In the end of the tour we will please you with an exotic performance by our enchanting belly dancer, Boofa Dinner. Lastly, arrive at the inflation point and inflate tires for the drive back to the drop back location. Arabian Desert Tours

    ReplyDelete