Monday, July 27, 2015

Using Corn Cobs after Freezing Corn: Corn Cob Jelly

 Today, I froze corn. It always bothered me to just throw out the corncobs because it seems like there is so much good stuff still there. I have always just thrown them out though, until this year! I decided to do a web search and came up with a site that talked about making corn cob jelly! I was intrigued so I went ahead and tried it. I like the idea our ancestors had of using everything possible.

 Here are the corn cobs boiling. The corn cobs have to be boiled for 30 minutes.

And here is the final product! The article said it tasted like honey and it really does, surprisingly so!

Here is the article and it contains the recipe I used. http://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/how-to-make-corn-cob-jelly/ It's fun to try something new and to know I finally found a use for those old corn cobs!

Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment