Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Husband and I Ate Lunch Together at a Restaurant Today for $4.67!


You can have a cheap meal almost anytime! We went to Burger King today. Whenever we go to Burger King or McDonalds, we almost always order off the dollar menu. I ordered  a cheeseburger for $1.00, a Bacon Cheeseburger for my husband for $1.49 (this was supposed to be $1.29 according to the menu board!), a side salad for $1.59, Value Fries for $1.29 and 2 waters.

We never order anything but water to drink in restaurants. Beverages are a big money maker for restaurants. If we get a lemon wedge, we will squeeze that into the water.

I take the cover from the side salad and flip it upside down and get an extra fork. My husband and I then split the side salad and fries.


Remember the buy $25.00 worth of gift certificates/get a free gift card here a while back? I bought $50.00 worth and got $10.00 in gift cards. This way, we will get 20% off of every meal at BK until the cards are gone. So, the total was $5.67. I used a $5.00 gift card (and paid for the rest in cash). So we got 1.00 off this meal of $5.67 for a total price to us of $4.67! Why buy "Value Meals" and Whoppers and all that when you can get a very inexpensive meal? (If you want to get an even less expensive meal than this, you can have a picnic! That also works!) 


So this blog turned into a debate, first in my family and then on Facebook! Here is what I wrote on FB: So we are having a little dispute here. 
wink emoticon I bought $50.00 in gift cards and got $10.00 in gift cards for free. If I spend all of it ($60.00), I say I got 16.66% off or 1/6 of the total. My husband says I got 20% off. Let the disputes begin. smile emoticon


Since it was three against one in my family and I did see their point, I changed it to 20% above, but I am still uncertain that that is correct. Now, you too can be driven crazy thinking about it (unless you are one of those math whizzes!)

Happy Savings!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it would be hard to eat a meal at home for this cheap! This is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete