Monday, September 8, 2014

How to Keep from Funding your Dentist's Children's College Educations and Trips to the Bahamas~

I have had bad teeth my whole life. I remember as a child, my brother (who never brushed his teeth) and I would be taken to the dentist, he with a clean bill of health and I (who brushed regularly) was always handed a slip of paper with a return date on it to get some drilling done. After my daughter was born, I had to get a couple of root canals and crowns. Year after year, the same thing. I always had to come back.

I brushed and flossed regularly. One year, I was having some problems with a tooth, and they said I had to get a filling because I had brushed too much and wore away the enamel. Sigh. I felt resigned to teeth drilling forevermore.

Some of my teeth are too far gone with old root canals etc. and I have been told I will need to have one pulled. However, aside from damage that is too far gone, I finally read about a way to prevent cavities for teeth that aren't practically falling out of my mouth from old fixes. Yes! I have used this regimen for 4 years now and aside from old problems becoming new, I have had NO cavities, 4 years in the running! A world record!!

I was working at the library a few years ago and I checked out this life-changing book called Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye by Ellie Phillips DDS. This books gives all the science to the regimen. (I like all the details but you may not.) http://store.drellie.com/books-literature/kiss-your-dentist-goodbye-book.html 

Follow this link to a chart that shows you how to use the above products and do the regimen:

http://www.drellie.com/Zellie-Mouth-Care-System.php

Here is how I do it:

1. Soak toothbrush in Listerine for 30 seconds.
2. Rinse with Closys for 1 minute.
3. Brush with Crest. (Use ONLY Crest regular with NO whiteners or any other kind. There are scientific reasons for this!)
4. Rinse with Listerine for 30-60 seconds.
5. Rinse with Act Fluoride rinse for one minute.
6. Don't eat or drink anything for 30 minutes.
7. Do morning and night.
8. Use xylitol throughout the day by eating mints, chewing gum or rinsing with xylitol water.


That is  IT!!

Dr. Ellie sells xylitol products but you can also buy a large bag for rinsing at:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/xlear-xylosweet-natural-xylitol-3-lbs-granules

Or gum, mints etc at:

www.epicdental.com

When I first started this regimen, my hygienist was really excited. The tartar was down and my gum depth improved. It was my first dental visit after using the products for about 6 months. However, I was very disheartened at first, I had three cavities and I told my dentist about the regimen and she said "Sadly, I don't think it will make any difference for you". But, I had read the book, I knew the science, so I decided to keep trying. I kept on and the next time, no cavities, and the next....and the next.....

I switched dentists.

Dr Ellie also has some great writing online to look over.

So, it does cost something to start using this program. However, if you have problem teeth you will spend a lot less than you would if you just brushed and flossed. I will always have some problems with my teeth. I wish I had known about this regimen long ago and did it. I will also be forever thankful to Dr. Ellie for writing her book.

Hopefully you can save your teeth, some money and keep from funding your dentist's children's college educations and trips to the Bahamas.







No comments:

Post a Comment