Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More Leftover Mashed Potatoes! How We Use Them Up

That big pot of mashed potatoes we had for supper last night, we had for leftovers tonight. I still have what's left in the photo above! We will eat the smaller bowl (I put the quarter in there so you can see the size) for leftovers again tomorrow (good thing we love mashed potatoes but that's why I make so much all at once!). On the right, I took some mashed potatoes and formed them into something my Mom used make called "potato pancakes". These are really good. I froze them and will  make them someday with maybe eggs or waffles. This is a great way to use up some leftover mashed potatoes.

I could also use the leftovers on the left to make a dish we fondly call "Gloop-Glop". Yes, we named this dish ourselves! It is a hamburger casserole. First fry up some hamburger (3/4-1 lb), mix with a can of drained green beans and an 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Add some minced garlic.  Put into 8 X 8 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Put mashed potatoes on top and bake. Yum Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Really - you make this dish? I thought mine was original? LOL! I had to laugh out loud when I read the name of yours - Gloop-Glop -too funny! I don't really have a name for mine, but I do the same with leftover potatoes, mix tomato soup with cooked hamburger and french style green beans, and garlic, and then dump leftover potatoes on top, and sprinkle with garlic and cheese.... YUM!

    ReplyDelete